Sunday, November 2, 2008

For some background

I have been a knitter/crocheting for over 40 years. (ouch!, hurts to say that out loud!) Took up painting a few years ago. My new husband is all about nature/organics and is working to create a 'back to the basics' school on our property. Developing plots for organic gardening and teaching gardening techniques for the informed and uninformed. For my role, we are developing a 'craft village' for me to start teaching the basics of knitting and crocheting. I also will be planning classes for Pysanky eggs and painting using the 'Donna Dewberry One-Stroke' painting technique.
I have several friends all over the country, and they are the ones that talked me into blogging as a means of keeping up with each other versuses the extremely long emails that we tend to send out!
for those of you out there....here's the latest:
the craft village is coming along...the buildings are in place, set up is complete, and I'm working on getting everything organized.
The garden is growing this years winter crop....broccoli, collards, cabbage..and a few tomato plants are in the cold frame. Can you imagine?...fresh, vine ripe tomatoes in winter!
The lab is up and running, still working on the organization end of it. oh, yeah,...my husband is a nutritional scientist with his own lab. Our business is a soap and nutrition company, will has the best products you can put on your body.
We just got our first set of baby chicks! They are now 2 weeks old...getting bigger everyday! Starting to feather out, should be ready to be moved to their final permanent home in the next 2 weeks. and wow..this spring!....fresh eggs! for eating and pysanky crafts! and poop for the compost pile!
as for myself, I'm working on a couple of knitting projects at the same time! Worsted weight yarn, making a baby afghan for my first grandchild, expected to make an appearance sometime in May....
and Lace weight yarn, making a wrap sweater for myself...using the Sabine pattern from cocoknits.com store. hopefully it will work up quickly so I can wear it out on our Date Night.
My husband and I are huge fans of the southern dance known as 'the shag'. we have been taking lessons and enjoy going out dancing at least a week...great exercise!
till later....

No comments: